Monday, March 23, 2009

Letter 12....The Slippery Slope


In this letter, Screwtape congratulates his nephew on his progress. It seems his patient is spending increasing amounts of time with his new group of friends, and less time developing his faith. Sure, he still attends church, but his whole heart is not there. A "dim uneasiness" settles in. This "dim uneasiness" can cause him to repent and turn to God or guilt might build up and turn him farther away.

What will God not allow the devils to completely suppress?

What do you think the "dim uneasiness" is that Christians feel when they're being spiritually lazy?

What is the safest road to hell? How can we prevent this in our own life?

Screwtape says, "As one of my own patients said on his arrival down here, I now see that I spent most of my life in doing neither what I ought nor what I liked." Explain what this means? How does not following God produce this type of life?

Here's a link to a music video that sums it all up...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLJF9vaIJ_0

Enjoy!

No comments: