Monday, December 15, 2008

The Histories of Herodotus Book 2....


We're back on track with Omnibus, and here are some discussion ?'s I've developed for Book 2. My girls were getting a bit bored with Herodotus, so I've decided to reread it along with them and come up with some stimulating discussion questions for afterwards. I'm hoping by my reading the books when they do instead of months before, we'll be able to have better discussions.

What were some positive traits of Sesostris as a leader?

What were some negative traits?

Do you think Helen of Troy ever reached Troy?

Do you think the Trojan War really occurred? What evidence do you have for it occurring or not occurring?

What might the true cause of war been if it wasn't Helen?

What happened to Egypt when Cheops became ruler?

No comments: